Seeing the One-to-Watch Award is always a highlight. In previous years we have had the winner on our table and the impact of that recognition is really wonderful to see
The panel of experts who choose the One-to-Watch Award shortlist and winner include:
Natasha BakerCurrent Paralympic athlete
Katherine GraingerUK Sport
Joslyn Hoyte SmithGB Olympians' Association
Matt SlaterPress Association
Sarah WincklessCommonwealth Games England
The One-to-Watch Award criteria are as follows:
- Each athlete must be recommended to SportsAid by their sport’s national governing body.
- Excellence in results at the international level.
- Excellence in results at the domestic level.
- British/European/world rankings.
- Membership of national squads/teams.
- Age group status, standing, and years left.
- Commitment, dedication, promise (based on their track record and comments given by their sport’s national governing body).
- Likelihood to improve their performance and ranking in subsequent years.